Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Introductions

This blog is a "Campaign Journal" of a game I've been running with my regular group.

The setting is Alia , a fantasy campaign setting developed initially by me and slapped up onto a wiki space in hopes of getting some collaboration on its development, which has been of middling success. As far as I know, only a handful of people even know/or care that it exists and its gotten just a little bit of contribution, from one of my players. Also the "image" functionality on the RPGNet wiki seem to have been nerfed over the years, so the geography pages that used to have embedded maps, now have links. Sigh.

What inspired me to start a new campaign in Alia was the recent release of D&D 4th Edition. Previously, we were playing mostly the current version of the World of Darkness games from White Wolf (an were enjoying ourselves). Once in a while people need a change and D&D 4e certainly is that.

What inspired me to cook up this blog was Musings of the Chatty DM's series So you wanna write a RPG Blog?.

I usually end up composing my thoughts about upcoming game sessions by writing them up as drafts in Google Mail. That way I have an easy reference that I can access (and maybe print) from any internet connection. It's not too much of a stretch to compose those thoughts in a blog. Hopefully I'll keep up with it.

No comments: